65 Laurel Dr.
Hudson, MA 01749-1388
(978) - 618-5580
The Mechanics of Developing Successful Grant Proposals
This seminar will explain to police professionals and municipal officials the basic context of grant writing in policing. Many police departments find the process of applying for grants daunting. Grant writing and grants management is a challenge to overworked police managers, but it is not beyond their abilities. This seminar will demystify the process of program development and grantsmanship.
Using an interactive teaching style, the instructor will progress through the different segments of grants, allowing participants to develop a grant application as they do so. This is an opportunity for police personnel and municipal officials to apply the skills they learn in a non-stressful atmosphere without the pressure of grant deadlines.
To demystify the grant writing process to enable more police agencies to take advantage of these opportunities to fund innovative projects.
Target Audience: Police Chiefs, police managers, planners, officers and town administrators.
To learn the mechanics of grant writing in a non-stressful environment.
Course Format: Interactive workshop format allowing participants to learn grant writing fundamentals in modules.
Seminar Setting: Informal conference style to enhance the learning environment and the exchange of information.
- Grant Writing as a Process
- Organizational Assessment
- Statement of the Problem
- Purposes of This Section
- Elements of Successful Problem Statements
- Sources of Data for Stating Your Problem
- In-Class Exercise: Outlining Problem Statements
- Goals and Objectives
- Definition of Goals and Objectives
- Four Key Elements of Objectives
- The Questions Objectives Should Answer in Your Proposal
- In-Class Exercise: Goal Development
- Program Narrative
- Purpose of This Section
- Project Phases and Time Lines
- Determining Allowable Costs
- Researching Project Costs
- Match Money
- Developing the Budget
- In-Class Exercise: Developing a Budget
- Using the Internet to Find Grant Funds
- Foundation Grants
- Grant Development Workshop
Grant Budget Spreadsheet
Download our grant budget worksheet to assist with designing your budgets. It's written in Microsoft Excel format. It's free for your use.
April, 2004 Westfield State College
Or for more information, call us at:
Phone: 978-618-5580 or E-Mail email@example.com